I AM NOT THE BODY, NOT THE MIND, IMMORTAL SELF I AM.
It's all God, and She is Love. And we're all one. Still, you may be wondering about my narrative and qualifications...
Cats, crystals and captivating stories have fascinated me for as long as I can remember. The latter led to a journalism degree and a penchant for hypnosis. With this background in storytelling, I moved from a tiny North Carolina town to work in New York City's media and beauty industries. I gradually transitioned into the world of yoga, working for international, women-focused companies.
During this time, I was blessed to learn from several esteemed teachers to whom I am forever grateful. Studying Reiki in Brooklyn, hypnosis in Tribeca and Yoga in the West Village, I learned that all of these practices are inherently meditative. An avid reader, I started to realize that self-realization is not found in books but within us.
I am thankful for the seasons spent in NYC, but the wise, old Blue Ridge Mountains that I currently call home were calling me. Soon after settling here, I heeded the call of the giant monkey tree frog, and after a kambo (frog medicine) ceremony, I made the decision to pursue my soul's calling full-time.
Various gemstones, including rose quartz, can be found in the Blue Ridge Mountains. (It has been said that Asheville, along with Tibet, is one of the most abundant resources of the crystal kyanite on Mother Earth.) Plus, the cats love it here.
The hope is to give back and encourage healing in our beautiful community, both within these magical mountains and beyond. That's why 10% of your service contribution is donated to worthy charitable organizations and a tree is planted for every purchase.
Areas of Study:
- Bachelor of Arts from UNC-Chapel Hill with a major in Journalism and Mass Communication; double minor in Sociology and Women's Studies
- NGH Certified Hypnotist
- Certified Ericksonian Hypnotist
- Certified Master Hypnotist
- Certified Hypnofertility and Hypnobirthing Practitioner
- Registered Integral Yoga Teacher, in the lineage of Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Certified Prenatal/Postnatal Yoga Teacher
- Reiki Master Teacher — multiple modalities, including:
- Usui Reiki
- Karuna Ki Reiki
- Animal Reiki
- Shambhala Multidimensional Reiki
- Egyptian Reiki (SSR)
- Kundalini Reiki
- Mayan Reiki
- Medicine Buddha Reiki
- Akashic Records Reiki
- Multidimensional Money Reiki
- Celtic Reiki
- Shamanic Reiki
- Archangel Reiki
- Rainbow Reiki
- Zen Reiki
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) Practitioner
- NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Practitioner
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Certified Crystal and Gemstone Therapist
- Certified Smoking Cessation Practitioner
- Certificate in Sound Therapy
- Certificate in Past Life Regression
- Certificate in the Enneagram
- Nine Shamanic Rites of the Munay-Ki Initiate
- Diploma in Art Therapy
Did you know that a mermaid's song was believed to be hypnotic?
In Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream,
Oberon tells Puck:
"Since once I sat upon a promontory,
And heard a mermaid on a dolphin's back
Uttering such dulcet and harmonious breath,
That the rude sea grew civil at her song,
And certain stars shot madly from their spheres,
To hear the sea-maid's music."
What is knowledge? And what is the nature of this ego? 'God alone is the Doer, and none else'—that is knowledge. I am not the doer; I am a mere instrument in His hand. Therefore I say: “O Mother, I am the Yantra (the instrument), Thou art the Yantri (the mover); I am the room, Thou art the tenant; I am the sheath, Thou art the sword; I am the chariot, Thou art the charioteer. I do as Thou makest me do; I speak as Thou makest me speak; I behave as Thou within me behavest; not ‘I’, not ‘I’, but ‘Thou.’ —Sri Ramakrishna